Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Serendipity


While in NYC for the first time, I just had to visit one of the most talked about eateries in the city- Serendipity. I spent the days before my trip visiting their website {take a look} and deciding what I would order and wondering if this place would actually live up to it's infamous name. My besties Dawn, Ashley and I arrived to the city by train (also my first time on public transportation!). Our first assignment was to find our lunch spot... 

We scampered through the crowded streets and after about 10 minutes we found Serendipity. Good thing we had reservations because there was a line waiting outside and we were hungry! We squeezed through the packed doorway and through the small entryway loaded with trinkets and odd items for sale. It was very reminiscent of the old flea markets my granny and I use to frequent when I was a little girl. This place was super small (which scared me). I kept wondering what I would do if there was a fire. The decor was whimsical and I took tons of pictures. You could definitely tell that I was a tourist but so were most of the people there I think.




The food wasn't really that good (I'm a picky eater) and the pop was flat but we had an experience to bring home none-the-less. We ended our lunch by trying the hyped frozen hot chocolate. It was amazing!


Ashley and our frozen hot chocolate...yummy!


Me with my chicken pot pie


Tiny bathroom. I am still wondering if this was the only stall in the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment