Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012: A Fresh Start




I've always thought that New Year's resolutions were made to be broken. You know...plan to eat better, exercise and spend less money. Sure, January is a breeze but by the time February rolls around I am ready to ditch my resolutions for a greasy cheeseburger while laying on the couch in my latest and greatest stilettos. This year might be a little different. Instead of going balls to the walls I am going to ease into my new healthy lifestyle. This is the first time that I have made this dish. It is fresh and healthy but with a little indulgence thrown in there (bacon!). I plan to make this more in the spring when all of our farmer markets are open for business.

What you need:

1-2 pounds fresh green beans

1 white onion

6 plum tomatoes

6 slices bacon

2 cups chicken stock

 
What you do:
 
Clean and snip off the ends of your green beans. In a large sauce pan cook your bacon for just a few minutes then remove and set aside. Chop your onions and cook them in the bacon grease until they are transparent. Add chicken stock and green beans. Put a lid on your pot and simmer for 15 minutes. Add back in your bacon and quartered tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes longer then salt and pepper to taste. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment